Basketball Coaches Day in Canada
It’s time for us to get up and join together in recognizing our Canadian basketball coaches for all that
Canada Basketball is declaring NOVEMBER 22, 2014 as Basketball Coaches Day in Canada!
What is it?
Basketball Coaches Day in Canada celebrates basketball coaches nationwide for the time,
dedication and passion that they contribute to our sport throughout the year. Canada Basketball
and its stakeholders are launching a national campaign to encourage communities to participate
from November 16-22. The objective is to show appreciation for the commitment that basketball
coaches give to our sport and to thank those that have had such a great impact on our youth and
their sporting development.
SWNT Coaches (left to right) Bev Smith, Lisa Thomaidis & Shawnee Harle
The objectives are:
- To raise the appreciation level for the commitment that basketball coaches put into athletes,
teams, programs and community sport
- To thank those that have had such a great impact on our youth and their sporting development
from the grassroots to the high performance
- To create awareness of the passion and desire our Canadian coaches have for improvement
Coaches Jay Triano and Dave Smart in a SMNT huddle
How to get involved?
Canada Basketball is encouraging sporting clubs, schools, community associations to explore different
ways to express appreciation to their basketball coaches!
Using #CBcoachday, we want you to show your gratitude and appreciation for all that your coaches do!
Here are some potential ways to recognize coaches and be a part of Basketball Coaches Day in Canada:
1. CREATE your special thank-you for your coach
- send out an email blast, newsletter or update your website thanking your coaches
- create a card or gift for you coach
- present appreciation or recognition awards to your coaches
- use your next game or tournament to publicly recognize their efforts
2. CAPTURE your appreciation by taking a photo or video
3. SHARE your photos/videos on Facebook (facebook.com/CanadaBasketball), Twitter (@CanBball) and/or
Instagram (@canadabasketballofficial) using #CBcoachday
Let’s all find a way to recognize our basketball coaches!!
Canada Basketball has also created a thank you card that athletes can either print off, or distribute electronically
to their coaches to show their appreciation. For English version, click here, for French version click here.
SMNT Coach Jay Triano celebrates at practice