2013 CANADIAN BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Toronto, ON – Canada Basketball is pleased to announce that the 2013 call for nominations into the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame is now open.
The mission of the Hall of Fame is "to recognize, honour, immortalize and enshrine the contributions to the development and enhancement of basketball in Canada and internationally.”
Nominations can be made in any one of five categories: athletes, teams, coaches, officials and builders.
Nominations can be submitted by members in good standing, Canadian citizens (provided that the nomination is signed by 10 individuals) or a member of the media (on official letterhead of the media source and signed by an official representative of any members in good standing with Canada Basketball).
All nominations must contain a complete record of the merits and achievements of each candidate, as well as all relevant contact information. Please see the attached nomination form.
All nominees must be Canadian citizens, a resident of Canada for a minimum of five years, born in Canada or made their distinguished contribution to the game of basketball while in Canada.
Players must be retired for a minimum of five years from active duty at their highest level. Teams must be at least five years removed from their significant milestone. Coaches and officials must be retired for a minimum of two years or one year if the individual is 65 or older. Builders are exempt from specific timelines with respect to entry.
The deadline for nominations is March 1, 2013. All nominations must include:
- Cover letter.
- At least three letters of support from members in good standing.
- A complete and detailed biography of the nominee’s accomplishments.
- Statistical information (if available during the nominee’s era).
- Copies of news clippings, photos, etc. (if available during the nominee’s era).
- The birth date, date of death (if applicable), birthplace, current contact information (if applicable), family contact (if deceased or out of the country).
c/o Ron Yeung
1 Westside Drive, Unit 11
Toronto, ON M9C 1B2
For nomination forms and more detailed criteria, please visit the Hall of Fame.