CANADA BASKETBALL CELEBRATES BASKETBALL COACHES DAY IN CANADA ON NOV. 22ND
3rd Annual Coaches Day in Canada Announced
Toronto, ON – Canada Basketball to celebrate Canadian coaches through 3rd annual Basketball Coaches Day in Canada, taking place on Saturday, November 22.
“Basketball Coaches Day in Canada recognizes and celebrates the tremendous contributions of the talented individuals who have generously given to the sport in Canada,” said Michele O’Keefe, Executive Director of Canada Basketball. “The efforts of our Canadian coaches continues to help grow the game into one of the most popular sports in the country and strengthens our standing as a basketball nation.”
As the national governing body for the sport, Canada Basketball is promoting the nationwide initiative during the week of November 16 to 22, encouraging sporting clubs, schools, community associations and athletes to explore creative ways to express appreciation to their basketball coaches.
“The objective is to show appreciation for the commitment that basketball coaches give to our sport and to thank them for the positive impact they’ve had on youth and their sporting development,” added O’Keefe.
Suggested activities in support of Basketball Coaches Day in Canada:
· Create a special thank you for your coach
· Highlight coach on website
· Share your coach story and thank you socially on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
· Send out an email blast, newsletter or update thanking your coaches
· Create a card or gift
· Present an appreciation or recognition award
· Use your next game or tournament to publically recognize your coach
· Incorporate coach appreciation events into fall league registrations
Participants are encouraged to share their appreciation through stories, photos and videos using #CBcoachday.
For more information, visit www.basketball.ca/coachesday.