CANADA BASKETBALL NCCP SUPER CLINIC COMING TO HAMILTON
HAMILTON, ON (May 10, 2019) – Canada Basketball’s NCCP Super Clinic, a premiere basketball education weekend, returns May 31-June 2 to McMaster University in Hamilton.
Early bird registration is still available until May 12, with registration fees of $245 for paid, full-version Game Plan members and $295 for non-members.
The NCCP Super Clinic offers coaches, officials, minor officials and statisticians an opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches in the world and is highlighted by an impressive list of guest speakers and presenters. Six basketball NCCP workshops and two professional development streams will be offered for attendees over the course of the weekend.
“Canada Basketball’s NCCP Super Clinic is a fantastic opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches and basketball leaders in the world,” said Dawn Smyth, Canada Basketball Director, Domestic Development.
Come and enjoy the growth mindset environment created while connecting with Canadian and international coaches, as well as basketball leaders from grassroots to high performance levels. This is a one-of-a-kind weekend with a multitude of unique events that you will not want to miss.
In addition to the streams and guest speakers, coaches, officials and minor officials will have an opportunity to dive into many different coaching and basketball situations with experts, while enjoying food and beverages after the opening keynote presentations. One of the big hits from previous years, the Chalk Talk will kick off your weekend, connecting attendees with coaches and presenters from all levels.
The weekend is comprised of four different streams:
1. Professional Development (youth and high performance options)
2. Canada Basketball NCCP Courses (FUNdamentals, Learn to Train, Train to Train, Train to Compete)
3. National Officials Certification Program level 1 and 2 evaluator training nomination
4. FIBA certified minor officials statistician’s training
Charlotte Hornets assistant coach Jay Triano will open Friday night’s headliner presentations. Triano, who released his book ‘Open Look’ last October, will share stories and advice from his time in the NBA and his international coaching experiences.
In addition to Triano, Ken Shields, former Team Canada Senior Men’s National Team and University of Victoria Head Coach, and Del Harris, former NBA Head Coach (Houston Rockets, Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers), who both have a reputation for being outstanding teachers of the game, will be presenting from their book “Attacking Zone Defense”.
Some of the speakers at this year’s Super Clinic include:
- Theresa Burns – National Champions and McMaster women’s basketball Head Coach
- Mike Katz – Former University of Toronto Men’s Basketball Head Coach
- Mike Mackay – Canada Basketball Performance Manager, Women’s High Performance
- Don Showalter – Director of Coach Development, USAB Youth Division
- Joe Stasyszyn – USAB National Coach Academy & Regional Skills Coach
Additional presenters to be announced in upcoming weeks.
For more information on NCCP Super Clinic and more about the presenters bios, click here.