About the Program
Canada Basketball views the sport of basketball as a powerful tool that can unify Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
In reflection of Canada Basketball’s UNIFIED 2024 commitments, the CBF prioritizes the support of nonprofit programs and initiatives that help keep Canadian sport spaces a safe one, which welcome all generations, ethnicities, religions, identities, and abilities.
The CBF supports groups whose priorities, include developing inclusive and equitable opportunities for youth through sport, with a focus on increasing access for underserved, under-represented or historically racialized communities such as, but not limited to;
- Youth facing socio-economic barriers
- First Nations, Inuit, and Metis youth
- Newcomers and Refugee youth
- Girl-Identified youth (in the case of gender-specific programming)
- 2SLGBTQ+ Identified youth
- Youth who identify as having a disability (visible and/or invisible)
- Other racialized youth groups
In addition to aligning with CB’s UNIFIED 2024 foundational values, project proposals, programs and initiatives applying for UNIFIED Assist Program support, must align with minimum one (1) of the following three (3) CBF priorities:
- Officiating and Coaching Development
- Youth Sport Leadership Development
- Youth Basketball Development
Read more about CBF’s development pathways below, or by downloading our Canada Basketball UNIFIED Assist Program Application Handbook.
We fund organizations and programs who are:
- A registered charity
- A registered nonprofit or not-for-profit organization, program or initiative
- Registered provincial housing corporations
- Registered Municipalities
- Metis, Inuit or First Nation community/band
If you are an eligible organization or program, apply HERE.
Application Details & Timelines
Applications for grants will only be accepted ONLINE.
Potential applicants who meet the UNIFIED Application Program criteria and have a program running between JUNE 1 2023 - MAY 31 2024, are eligible to apply to become a UNIFIED Program through the CBF Application Portal HERE.
Applications should be submitted within the corresponding application windows.
MARCH 19, 2023, at 11:59PM ET: Deadline for UNIFIED Program Expression of Interest Applications.
APRIL 16th, 2023, at 11:59PM: Deadline for UNIFIED Program Full Applications (if contacted)
MAY 2023: UNIFIED Application Program Decisions Issued
JULY 2023: UNIFIED Application Programs Publicly Announced
Selected program and program applications will be contacted by a CBF staff member upon approval. Funds will be disbursed in two intervals for selected approved grants
- 70% upon acceptance and completion of Safe Sport Training, prior to program start date
- 30% upon submission of Grant Impact Summary Report and enrollment in Canada Basketball’s Verification Program
*Exceptions to this rule may be made at the discretion of Canada Basketball where/when necessary*